INTERVIEW WITH BSC GEOGRAPHIC SCIENCE (GEOMATICS) TU DUBLIN (TU834) STUDENT
Meet Adam, 2nd year BSc Geographic Science (Geomatics) TU Dublin (TU834) student at TUD. After 5 weeks of summer work experience we decided to take the opportunity to ask Andy 5 short questions to find out the good, the bad and the ugly of the experience so far;
1) What’s been your favourite aspect of surveying so far? There are a lot of things I’ve enjoyed, I think getting to see the country has been great, and also seeing what I’ve been learning in college be put into practice is also nice to see.
2) What’s been your least favourite aspect so far? The worst part probably has to be the weather and how hard it can be to work in either extremes!
3) What has surprised you most about surveying? The most surprising thing has been all the different environments I’ve been working since I’ve started, it can be a shock arriving to site sometimes.
4) What would you say is the most important lesson you have learnt? The most important lesson I’ve learnt is that everything that can be surveyed, should be, even if it’s a bit harder to do so.
5) What has been the most strange or unusual situation you have found yourself in so far? Standing shin deep in a stream whilst carrying out a survey definitely wasn’t something I saw myself doing when I started but I now know it’s somewhat of a regular occurrence!